2010-10-07

CrossFit Clean (with the ball) / working to get back to jits

I had that little tiny moment in CrossFit this morning of finally feeling the basic concept of a Clean. Granted it was with the ball only. I think that my shoulder is finally loose enough to actually get a shrug and the ball seemed like an easier way to learn it. I have had little to no luck learning it with the bar.

It feels great when you've shrugged it enough to get that moment in time where the ball is at the top of its arc and you're able to get under it cleanly. It was awesome. And the timing was perfect because I was just starting to feel too uncoordinated to ever succeed at some of the Oly lifts. :)

I'm in this phase where I REALLY want to go back to Jiu-Jitsu, but I've really got to strengthen and stretch my back and tighten up my core first. I don't want to have a stutter-start at jits. I just want to do the work to make a good athletic foundation and then go back. Impatient.

4 comments:

slideyfoot said...

Yay! Hope to see you back training and blogging soon. :)

Lynntropy said...

Thanks for the welcome back. :)

Submission said...

Cross fit is excellent to get you in Jiu Jitsu shape! How's it working out for you so far?

Any ways, I'd love to see you continuing to blog! Keep it up!

Lynntropy said...

It's working out well. Frustrating that I lost so much strength during an injury recovery, but I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on. :)