2013-02-10

...and we're back

Hi, I know, over a year. I'm back. So, in short, I had to stop jits because I have "spina bifida occulta" which equals that my L5 vertebrae does not make a complete ring; in fact about 1/2" of bone (and the spinous process) is missing from the posterior side of that vertebrae. This means that the whole area is very unstable and that twisting activities are a huge no-no. So, jits is out, muay thai is out.

Now I do a lot of gymnastics type strength training (handstand, ring support, ring pullups, etc), pilates, and CrossFit. In fact, I got Level 1 Trainer certified in CrossFit. 

Also during that stretch of silence I had broken up with my old girlfriend, and have now been dating my new one (who is amazing....I mean, she is awesome...and a CrossFit trainer) for about a year.

7 comments:

slideyfoot said...

Poo, that's not good. No jiu jitsu as in never ever, or not right now? As never ever would be sad: that means I can't toddle over to Reno one day and roll with you. :(

Lynntropy said...

Can,
Not sure. :( I'll tell you my doctors and my P.T.'s basically don't want me to ever twist at the spine again.
However, I still have yet to muster up the heart to sell my gis and it's been over a year since I've been near a mat.
Yeah, when I saw your travel blogs come out I was sad that I couldn't offer to show you Reno via BJJ. :(

slideyfoot said...

Hopefully there will be a way somehow. I seem to remember Julia got similarly bad news from her doctors after herniating some discs, but she's been back on the mat for a while. Though that's obviously a quite different thing.

Then there's Phil Migliarese who had a horrible car accident, but managed to get back on the mats through yoga.

I'll live in hope. :D

Lynntropy said...

I appreciate the support. :)

Shark Girl said...

So sorry to hear your news. It sounds like you have found other avenues for athleticism. I'm sure this was hard news for you to hear. On or off the mats, I'm sending my thoughts.

Lynntropy said...

Aw, you guys are awesome. Thanks Shark Girl. :)

Georgette said...

Holy crap, this is what I get for getting out of touch. I have missed you though! Sorry to hear about the spine thing. Happy to hear about the athletics stuff. And DOUBLE happy about you and Cross Fit Lady :)